The lifespan of a mattress can vary depending on factors such as the type of mattress, its quality, and how well it's maintained. In general, we recommend replacing a mattress every 7-10 years. However, some mattresses may need to be replaced sooner, especially if they show signs of wear and tear, sagging, or if you're experiencing discomfort and poor sleep quality. Regularly flipping and rotating the mattress, using a mattress protector, and following care guidelines provided by the manufacturer can help extend its lifespan. If you're unsure about whether it's time to replace your mattress, consider assessing its condition and consulting the manufacturer's recommendations.
Waiting 48 -72 hours before laying on a mattress is often associated with memory foam mattresses. This recommendation is based on the need for the mattress to fully expand and off-gas after being compressed and packaged for shipping. Memory foam mattresses, in particular, are vacuum-sealed and compressed during the manufacturing and shipping process.
When a memory foam mattress is unboxed, it needs time to regain its original shape and release any residual odors from the manufacturing and packaging. The 48-hour waiting period allows the mattress to decompress and for any off-gassing to occur, reducing the likelihood of inhaling potentially unpleasant odors.
Here are some general tips for mattress care:
Use a Mattress Protector: Invest in a mattress protector to shield your mattress from spills, stains, and allergens. A waterproof protector can be particularly beneficial.
Rotate and Flip Regularly: If your mattress is flippable or designed for rotation.
Keep it Clean: Vacuum your mattress regularly to remove dust and allergens. If there are stains, follow the care instructions provided by BedStroy.
Handle with Care: When moving or transporting your mattress, handle it carefully to prevent damage.
Replace When Needed: If you start experiencing discomfort, sagging, or other signs of wear, consider replacing your mattress. The typical lifespan of a mattress is around 7-10 years.
All BedStory mattresses don't contain fiberglass. Making you far away from health concerns.
BedStory Memory foam toppers often come vacuum-sealed for shipping. It's recommended to allow them 24-48 hours to fully expand and air out any potential odors before using. However, many memory foam toppers are safe to sleep on after just a few hours.
2-4 inch mattress topper are the popular choice as it offers more noticeable cushioning and support. It can be effective in providing relief for pressure points and enhancing overall comfort.
The main difference between firm, extra firm, and just extra firm mattress toppers lies in their level of support and plushness.
- Firm Mattress Topper: Firm toppers provide a balance between support and softness. They offer some cushioning but are generally designed to provide more support for those who prefer a firmer sleeping surface. These are suitable for people who want support without sacrificing comfort.
- Extra Firm Mattress Topper: An extra firm topper provides even more support than a firm one. It offers minimal cushioning and is designed for individuals who prefer a very firm sleeping surface. Extra firm toppers are ideal for those who need maximum support, such as people with back pain or those who sleep on their back or stomach and require a stable surface.
- Just Extra Firm Mattress Topper: This term might simply refer to a mattress topper that is labeled as "extra firm" without any comparison to other firmness levels. It suggests that the topper is specifically engineered to provide an extremely firm sleeping surface without much cushioning.
In summary, while firm mattress toppers offer support with some softness, extra firm toppers provide even more support with minimal cushioning. The term "just extra firm" likely emphasizes the extreme firmness of the mattress topper without comparing it to other firmness levels.
It is not recommended to sleep on a mattress topper before it fully expands. Most mattress toppers, especially those made of memory foam or other materials that come compressed for shipping,
Yes, a mattress topper can potentially help with back pain by providing additional support and cushioning to your existing mattress.
Polyester and down and feathers can be washed. Check the wash instructions on the tag or take it into the dry cleaners if you are unsure. Memory foam pillows are spot clean only. Most come with a washable cover that can be washed.
A down alternative pillow is a type of pillow designed to mimic the feel and comfort of traditional down pillows without using animal products. Down pillows are typically filled with the soft inner feathers of ducks or geese, known as down feathers. However, some people may choose to avoid down due to allergies, ethical concerns, or personal preferences.
Down alternative pillows are filled with synthetic materials that replicate the softness and loftiness of natural down.
If your pillow can be washed, it should be washed at least twice a year.
- Feather or Down Pillows: These tend to last longer and can be replaced every 3-5 years or even longer if well-maintained.
- Memory Foam Pillows: These may last 2-3 years, but high-quality memory foam pillows can last longer.
- Synthetic Pillows: These pillows are generally more affordable but may need to be replaced every 1-2 years due to compression and loss of support.
If you are a side sleeper, you’re going to want a more firm/supportive pillow whereas if you are a stomach sleeper, you’re going to want something softer/less supportive.
Orders typically ship within 3-7 business days of being placed, depending on the item's availability. If you have selected a shipping method with a delivery date, your order will be shipped according to that date. You can check the status of your order in your email or by contacting our customer service team.